Lyric Unlimited Director
Employer: Entertainment Industry Employer
Location: Chicago, IL
Date Posted/Updated: 04/04/12
Job ID: 64642
- Develop, plan, budget, organize and administer Lyric Unlimited.
- Establish and foster partnerships with a wide range of Chicago-area communities and organizations, and explore ways to increase Lyric's and opera's relevance and reach.
- Devise and execute non-mainstage artistic programming that furthers Lyric's strategic goals related to education and community engagement.
- Ensure that the department and its activities are delivered within allocated budgets.
- Maximize resources by building upon mainstage activities to create education and outreach opportunities that integrate with current and future artistic programming.
- Collaborate with Lyric colleagues in operations, marketing, development, technical, production, and the Ryan Opera Center to enhance internal resource utilization and strategically coordinate scheduling/implementation of projects.
- Work closely with the marketing and development departments to promote effective dialogue so that appropriate philanthropic support and audience development opportunities are identified and maximized.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key external partners, and seek opportunities to collaborate with colleague organizations when developing program activities.
- Develop policies and programs that reflect best practice in the field; implement a planning and project management framework that will enable efficient program delivery and effective evaluation/measurement of project results.
- Establish processes for project recording, reporting and fiscal control monitoring, and produce reports for various internal and external purposes that demonstrate the artistic, cultural, social, and audience development benefits of programs.
- Provide leadership to and manage performance effectiveness of the community engagement and education departments; supervise ongoing work to ensure excellent operational results and communicate a shared vision for the group; identify training and development needs; provide support/guidance as necessary to assist individuals with skill progression.
- Select/oversee deployment of requisite freelance and/or temporary staff and artists; ensure that appropriately qualified and talented personnel are contracted to work in the field.
- Strategically develop the brand of Lyric Unlimited; ensure that the work of the department and Lyric's philosophy of and commitment to community engagement are effectively communicated internally and externally.
- As requested, represent the company at local, national or international conferences/forums.
4EJ has similar jobs to this oneWe have 2555 Jobs Available and 3725 Employers Seeking Our Members
Select Job Category
"Thank you, I found a job with a small film production company within three days of moving to L.A. I couldn't have done it without you 4entertainmentjobs."
- Sean O'Connor - Los Angeles, CA
"I found a job at the CW Network. Thank you!"
- Matthew Riopelle - Los Angeles, CA