Location: Melville, NY
Date Posted/Updated: 01/23/12
Job ID: 60330
Newsday.com is looking for a Deputy Editor to help set the day-to-day editorial direction and oversee the planning of news, database, mobile and social media projects at one of the nation's leading newspaper websites, located in the New York metropolitan area.
This is a position that requires significant newsroom management experience, preferably in a major news market.
Our ideal candidate is:
* Thoughtful, energetic and creative, with a commitment to journalism and an interest in shaping new ways to better serve newsday.com's users;
* Able to demonstrate strong news judgment, write sharp headlines and perform copy-editing;
* Organized and calm under pressure and able to direct a team of news managers on day-to-day, special projects and breaking news coverage;
* A proven user of Web metrics who is plugged into the latest research about online news, databases and website design, with a track record of increasing traffic and/or user engagement;
* Skilled at juggling a variety of daily tasks, with project management and strategic planning experience;
* Knowledgeable about the role social media and mobile play in expanding a website's reach;
* Comfortable taking a leading role in news meetings and working with senior print editors;
* Experienced at training and mentoring employees;
* Familiar with Long Island and/or interested in focusing on Long Island news.
Apply For This Job
Select Job Category
"Thank you, I found a job with a small film production company within three days of moving to L.A. I couldn't have done it without you 4entertainmentjobs."
- Sean O'Connor - Los Angeles, CA